Traveling for business can be tiring and stressful, but sometimes it is good to take a day off and just visit the city where you are doing business. So here are our recommendations for spending a day in Brussels:
- Start the day off right and grab a light breakfast & coffee at Kaffabar. Or get some Belgium waffles from Peck 47.
- If you are into Scuba Diving, head for the world’s deepest indoor non-chlorinated scuba diving pool at Nemo 33 and after working up an appetite exploring the simulated caves, get lunch at their Thai restaurant and watch the other divers.
- Some of the best chocolate in the world comes from Belgium and if you are interested in the history check out the Museum of Cocoa and Chocolate.
- History buffs will like the Royal Palace of Brussels, the Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium & the Gaasbeek Castle.
- A great lookout point to see the city of Brussels can be done from Infantry Memorial of Brussels.
- Shopping can be done in many locations check out Les Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert, the Marche Aux Puces de Bruxelles & the De Biertempel.
- For dinner enjoy Belgian food in Le Bistro, Le Chou de Bruxelles or Fin de Siecle.
- And what trip wouldn’t be complete without sampling a bit of the local nightlife, try out:
- Delirium – an experience in and of itself serving 3162 different beers
- Poechenellekelder – unique decor and an extensive list of Belgian beer
- Fuse – If you like a good techno club then this is the place for you.
Whatever your taste or whatever your time frame, make sure to experience a little bit of the Brussels city while on your trip, you won’t be disappointed.