144 hour visa = 6 days
From December 28, 2017, the visa-free transit policy has been implemented by Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei Province. The policy applies to citizens from 53 countries who hold valid international travel documents, and a passenger ticket for connecting travel to a third country (region) with confirmed seats and a departure time within 144 hours. Upon arrival, find the 144-hour visa-free counter at the immigration inspection to apply for the stay permit, which will be stamped in your passport indicating the maximum length of stay. Remember to tell the officer if you have a visa for China but don’t want to use it this time.
Documents for Application
- Valid passport issued by the following listed 53 countries
- Visa for a third country or region
- A fully completed Arrival/Departure Card (including name, nationality, passport no., visa no., issuance place, flight no., purpose of visit, date of birth, gender)
- An onward ticket with confirmed seat is needed
- How is the duration of the 144 hour visa-free transit policy calculated?
- The duration of stay as referred to in the 144-hour visa-free transit policy will begin from 00:00 o’clock the following day, after entry in any port at Beijing Capital International Airport; Beijing West Railway Station; Tianjin Binhai International Airport; Tianjin International Cruise Home Port; Hebei Shijiazhuang International Airport or Qinhuangdao Harbor. In accordance with the 144-hour visa-free transit policy, from 00:00 o’clock the following day after entry in Beijing, he/she will be allowed to stay for six days in Beijing, Tianjin or Hebei without an entry visa.
- What if I am just coming from and returning to my home country?
- The policy applies for 144-hour visa-free transit rather than visa-free entry. Therefore, the applicant should transit to a third country or region to be eligible for this policy. Travelers returning to their country of origin would not be eligible for this policy.
144-Hour Visa-Free Transit
Foremost Travel is Here to Help
Call (800) 225-7185 and let us plan your next Asia Adventure.
Trust in our travel professionals; let us handle the travel details so you can relax and enjoy!